Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Back to Paper Crafting

 It's been too long! I still have sore shingles but am feeling SO much better. I even had a tidy up, found my craft table and got out some paper craft supplies. I missed playing with inks and paints. I think I will have a week of paper crafting and a week of jewellery making .
I had run out of journals at school, so made a few more ( I only have one left!) 

 I used distress inks, sprays and stencils squirted with water for the backgrounds. I then stamped ( mostly paperartsy stamps) and water coloured them in. 

 I added quotes and a little glitter.

 Then I just stuck the finished piece to the front of a note book.

Pupils are encouraged to use them to document "good things" each day.

Back soon.
Soojay xx

Sunday, 15 January 2017

On The Mend

 The shingles is almost gone now and the pain is SO much better- I can sleep ! :)
Anyway - yesterday, while trying to keep warm, waiting for blue flame to fix the boiler , i made this multi coloured Sapphire necklace.

 I never knew that Sapphires could come in so many colours - these are all natural too! Wow.

 Quickly made these this morning- I bought SO many stones in the pre Christmas sales that I thought I really aught to use some. The top is red tigers eye.The middle is coloured Agate and quartz. The bottom is Fluorite.

 The memory wire bracelet is made from Fluorite nuggets, silver beads and fresh water pearls.
I love memory wire as it fits all sizes.

My table is already a mess so need to tidy up and hopefully do some paper craft ( along with laundry) later.

Soojay xx

Thursday, 12 January 2017

Still here

Sorry no post for a looong time :( 
Work was silly before Christmas , with no time left for me and then of course as soon as we broke up, I got ill. I am in my third week of having Shingles and although on the mend, am finding it hard to sleep because of the soreness. When I am feeling better I will post more, I NEED to do some papercraft, its been too long!!
The necklace above is made from 925 silver and multi coloured Beryl gemstones.
Hopefully back soon .

Soojay xx

Sunday, 13 November 2016

A bit late starting.

To get ready for Christmas, I know but I just can't do it in the Summer - It doesn't feel right.
It's about the time I make my keyring calender gifts too. I am always on the look out for ways to do it more efficiently and the cutting out is tedious.
This year, instead of printing the calenders out, i bought those stitched ones and just cut the top off- it makes the finished one a bit bigger than normal but is SO much quicker.
I used my GORGEOUS Scan n Cut to cut out the card and the 2017, so all I have to do it glue and titivate.
I have enough to make 12 , which should be pleanty .

back soon.

Soojay xx

Friday, 11 November 2016

ATDML part 3

 I prepped this page in Katherine's class but the colours didn't fit with my photo . I found a lovely photo that hubby had taken in Cornwall when he took Meg and Dan. 

This is officially my last class done - I do have lots of bit though.
Soojay xx

Sunday, 6 November 2016

ATDML - Part Two

This frame Class was started at the ATDML retreat but finished at home.

LOADS of cutting out and 3D foam used.

Karen's Class was a Christmas journal.

All I have to do now is add a photo and a little journal ling.

Which means i should finish it this year - I always have good intentions.

Ann's Class was to make a calander for next year .

I really enjoyed making theseand have loads of bits of kits left to complete a few more pages and cards.

Back soon .

Soojay xx

Saturday, 5 November 2016

I'd quite like to turn the clock back again

To last weekend at ATDML retreat.
It's a once a year treat for me and something I SO look forward to . A wonderful hotel, great food, amazing friends and of course loads of creating. I took five classes and I am still finishing off one of the projects. Here is what I made ( warning -photo heavy!)

 The first class I took by taught by Katherine Sutton ( I adore her work !)
The photo is hubby at Southwold during our Summer days out this year.
The class involved using Bo Bunny mediums - some iridescent  wax ( on those cogs- they shine a gorgeous blue - in better light) and tiny beads in a gel over the top of gesso.

 You can just see some here - of course i bought a couple of pots!

 We were give an extra kit for staying on Friday night and I chose to do another page from Summer.

 The second page in Katherine's class ( you can always do at least two pages from each kit). She used Blues and some die cuts as her photograph was outside. I have used Tim Holtz crayons and blended them with water , to match my photo. I also used my own film strip die cuts.

 Just a simple page made up from my own stash .

 Another Katherine Sutton class. This time using crackle glaze and mist.
I love Dans sarky grin!.


 The second page in this class - using textured glitter paste - NEEED some of that! Photo of my work colleague at the Tower of London this Summer - Just Look at that blue sky ! I miss it so much.

 Some ofthe quares were popped up with 3D pads.

We also have challenges at the retreat - to help us get motivated . This was one of the colour challenges. Photo taken this Summer at the Year 13 Prom.

 I also made my first Christmas cards of the year ! - I know SO late. 

 These were made from a collection of papers from a pad I brought at hobby craft and kaiser Craft papers and maybe some Bo Bunny ( not sure) that I bought from the ATDML shop.
 The word die I borrowed from my sister.

Right that's it for now - I shall be back with part two later this weekend.
It was lovely to be paper crafting again and I am still inspired to continue, although some new gems arrived yesterday ! Ha Ha. I think i need two craft rooms ( or two tables ) now.

back soon.

Soojay xx